Why Spray Foam?
There is no better home insulating material that can seal your home from air and moisture intrusion, save on costly utility bills, strengthen your home, and protect your family’s health from dangerous mold, airborne pollutants, and allergens than Sprayfoam insulation.
Sprayfoam Insulation saves on energy costs and lowers utility bills. It can be used to seal the entire “building envelope” of your home to prevent air and moisture infiltration. The US Department of Energy (DOE) studies show that 40% of your home’s energy is lost due to air infiltration. This air infiltrates the home in the form of drafts through walls sockets, windows and doorways.
Often times no expensive building wrap or additional vapor protection is required during construction when using SPF, saving money yet again.
Studies have shown that as much as 40% of a building’s total energy loss is due to air infiltration. Traditional fiberglass insulation is only stapled, or placed into the wall cavities and does not seal the stud and wall cavities from end to end, or top to bottom. Air infiltration can pass through these gaps, making it far less efficient than sprayfoam. Sprayfoam not only adheres to, but forms to the walls and floors to create a tight seal and insulating barrier that stops this air leakage. Sprayfoam also boasts the highest R-value per inch than any other commercial material, (upwards of R-7.0, compared with Fiberglass at R-3.5) making your home more comfortable and less expensive to heat in the winter, and cool in the summer.
Benefits of Sprayfoam Insulation
- Stops air and moisture infiltration
- Makes your home more comfortable
- Saves on energy costs
- Adds strength to the building structure
- It is permanent and will not sag
- Keeps dust and pollen out
- Reduces capacity requirements, maintenance and wear of HVAC equipment
- December 2012
- We are pleased to present our new website design. With the Winter months upon us, there is no better time than now to get a free estimate on Spray Foam.
- March 2012
- You still have up until March 31, 2012 to complete your upgrades for the ecoENERGY Retrofit program. The deadline for your post-retrofit audit has been extended to June 30, 2012.
- June 2011
- As part of the Economic Action Plan, the Government of Canada has renewed the ecoENERGY Retrofit – Homes program from June 6, 2011, to March 31, 2012, to help homeowners make their homes more energy-efficient and reduce the burden of high energy costs.
Contact informationGreentech Sprayfoam Insulation
68 Stowe Street
Woodslee, ON N0R 1V0